Are you a medical or dental student in your final year of school?
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) provides up to $120,000 to medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students in their final year of school in return for a commitment to provide primary health care full time for at least 3 years at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need.
- Read the 2017 S2S LRP Application and Program Guidance (PDF – 491 KB). It details the program eligibility requirements and selection criteria, as well as the rights and responsibilities of individuals selected to participate in the NHSC Students to Service Loan Repayment Program.
- Watch this S2S Recorded Webinar,which reviews the application process, eligibility requirements, and service commitment.
- Create a Federal Student Aid ID before beginning the application process to electronically import your Federal loan information for your application.
- Gather documentation you will need to submit with your application. You will need loan information verification, school transcript, verification of good standing, proof of passing Step/Level 1 of USMLE/COMLEX or documentation verifying that you have passed Part I of the National board Dental Examination, as well as letters of recommendation and a CV or resume.
- Visit the Health Workforce Connector to find out the kinds of sites where S2S LRP participants serve after completing their residencies.
- Review the NHSC Students to Service Application and Program Guidance Recorded Webinar to learn about the eligibility requirements, online application process, and the NHSC service commitment
- Go to the application