The Latino Physicians of California advocate, and communicate support for, the Latino community by:
- Listening actively and respecting the cultural, professional and intellectual opinions of others.
- Stating our messages in a clear and concise manner.
- Resolving issues of conflict with honor, by being honest about what we can and cannot do.
- Being responsible and following through on our commitments.
- Focusing on what is right rather than who is right.
- Offering solutions.
- Communicating the reasons for our actions.
- Always insisting on the betterment of the health of the Latino community.
We will use technology to support this communication credo and consider the impact that our communication can and will have on each of our strategic endeavors in the Latino community.
Strategies for Change
The Latino Physicians of California uses the following strategies to achieve its mission:
- Create statewide regional organizational and telecommunications networks of Latino Physicians of California.
- Integrate leadership, advocacy, and health policy development training to establish a cadre of skilled Latino physicians to advocate for Latino health.
- Work with universities, medical schools and education to increase the number of Latinos trained to be physicians in California.
- Advance advocacy by Latino physicians to influence decision making of healthcare policy makers, healthcare executives, government and strategic organizations.
- Ensure that the skilled cadre of Latino physicians in California are informed of chairmanships, boards, political and other positions of power. Advocate for, and secure their appointment to positions of influence.
- Lead cohesive planning and strategy development for Latino physicians to play a pivotal role in ensuring equitable healthcare resource allocations at the local, state and federal level for Latino populations.
- Engage and promote education, prevention and wellness within the Latino community.
The Latino Physicians of California will follow sound fiscal practice being mindful of the need to sustain the organization to support Latino health causes. Fundraising will be carried out with honor, partnering with entities that are respectful of good health practice. LPOC considers sustainability to be beyond fiscal security. It is a safe and respectful work environment for our employees; a trust built on exemplary performance and respect from our partners, and financial and community supporters. It is how, today, our actions preserve our culture, impact future generations to leave a legacy of improved health we pass on to Latinos and all Californians for generations to come.