Established in 2011, the Latinos Physicians of California is concerned that while Latinos represent the largest ethnic group in California, the full potential that access to the positive social determinants in life continue to elude them. Reviewing data on income and poverty, health status and disparity, educational access, attainment and educational dropout rates, a consistent pattern of inequity crossed all the lines that determine the wellbeing and social standing of Latinos. As a result, we stand committed to strengthening and retaining the Latino physician workforce.
- Assemblyman Dr. Joaquin Arambula (first Latino physician Assemblyman)
- Jose Alberto Arevalo, MD, FAAFP, LPOC Board Chair and Medical Director Sutter Independent Physicians
- Sergio Aguilar Gaxiola, MD, PhD, LPOC Vice Chair, Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine, Director for Reducing Health Disparities, UC Davis Health
- Silvia Diego, MD, LPOC Treasurer, Principal Officer, Family First Medical Care, APS
- Efrain Talamantes, MD, MBA, Former Legacy Leader, LPOC, Founder, MiMentor, Associate Director, Center for Reducing Health Disparities; Associate Director, Internal Medicine Residency
KSBY.com (SLO/Santa Maria)
Report finds California lacking in Latino doctors